What are Eyelash Extensions?
- Synthetic mink, or silk lashes that are applied individually using specially formulated, semi-permanent adhesive. The purpose of the extensions are to create the appearance of longer, thicker eyelashes. Applying a full set of lashes takes about one to two hours. The lash extension eventually sheds just as your natural lashes would. You can maintain the extensions with refills about every two to four weeks. You must have 40% of extensions remaining for it to be considered a fill, anything less will be charged as a full set. The extensions may be worn while sleeping, swimming, or showering.
How long does it take to apply a full set of lashes?
- The application process takes about 1-2 hours.
How long do lash extensions last?
- The lash extensions will stay on anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. The bond life depends on many things such as: Proper after care, proper preparation, and proper application. Due to the lashes growth cycle, refills must be applied to fill in the gaps from the natural lashes that have fallen out. You can maintain the extensions with refills about two to four weeks.
What is a fill?
- A refill consists of the lash artist going through the lashes to remove grown out lash extensions and add new extensions. You must have 40% of extensions remaining for it to be considered a fill, anything less will be charged as a full set.
How long does a fill take?
- Refills take about an hour.
Will lash extensions damage my natural lashes?
- With proper application and after care, lash extensions should not damage your natural eyelashes.
Do you only have one location?
- Yes ones location in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
How can lash extensions be removed?
- Please do not try to remove lash extensions yourself.. You will end up pulling out your natural lashes if you pick or pull on the extensions. We apply a special gel on to the extensions, that is made to dissolve the bond of the adhesive. No damage is done to your natural lashes.
Are they permeant?
- Lash extensions are semi-permanent. Your natural lashes have their own growth cycle, which is why you need to get a fill every 2-4 weeks.
Does your glue contain formaldehyde or latex?
Our glue does not contain formaldehyde or latex.
Do you fill in other lash artist' work?
- Unfortunately, we do not fill in other lash artist work. You will need to book a full set if you are a first time client with LIMITLESS LUXE BEAUTY.
How can I wash them/what can I use?
- An oil-free cleanser. We recommend using our foam lash cleanser.
Can people with straight lashes get lash extensions?
- Yes we offer different lash curls and styles custom made for your lash type.
Do you do bottom lashes?
- We do not offer bottom lash extensions.
Can I have a reaction?
- Getting lashes can be an adjustment! This adjustment period usually lash about 24 hrs. However, adjustment and reactions are very different. Reactions are not common, though they can occur. If you notice redness/itching this may be your body adjusting, however if this continues past 24 hr period, please contact. Benadryl and Cortisone creams have been known to help relieve the discomfort while adjusting, but if there is a allergy or if the redness/itching continues past first 24 hrs please contact to avoid any damage done to your natural lashes.
Why are they falling out?
- This is totally normal, and healthy! Our natural lashes shed anywhere between 2-5 lashes a day. Since the extensions are attached to a natural lash, they will fall out together. That being said, lash extensions should be fill/touched up every 2- 3 weeks for a continuously full look.
How should I prepare for lash extensions?
- Clients should arrive with a fresh face free of makeup and moisture.
How do I choose the look I want?
- Eyelash extensions are available in a number of lengths and thickness. We normally consult with you first to see what type of style you are interested in. We also determine what your lashes can hold in regards to size. Each person's lashes will vary in strength and length. We take this into consideration when creating a look for you. The overall look of the lashes is very natural.
How often should I get touch-up?
- We recommend getting a touch up every 2 to 3 weeks. If you wait too long your eyelash extensions will fall out and you will require a full set. Your natural eyelashes fall off every 45-60 days due to the natural growth cycle and are naturally replaced with the growth of a new eyelash. Other factors such as exposure to steam or touching you eyes a lot may cause the extensions to fall sooner. A touch up is needed to fill in any lashes that fallen. Touch ups average about 45 mins.